Designing Your Life Retreat
Based on the Designing Your Life program developed at the Stanford Design Lab, this interactive workshop is customized for your team and your strategic planning processes and goals.
The workshop starts with a paradigm shift in how the participants see their “Lifework.” It provides a way to take a deeper and more holistic approach to reaching their potential in their lives and work.
We will reframe and develop prototypes and dashboards for each participant’s work and life activities by employing design theory and innovative exercises. With design theory, there is not just one solution to a problem, so the goal is to unleash their creativity and discover some new and exciting options. Working individually and with their team, participants will:
- Assess four aspects of their life: work, play, love and health.
- Explore creative ways to be more balanced in these areas.
- Define their “workview” and their “lifeview.
- Create a compass that will show them their “true north.”
- Explore additional aspects of these concepts in their tree of “Lifework.”
Format: One, six-hour retreat for up to 20 participants. Includes workbooks. You select the venue.
Note: The fee does not include room rental fees or travel expenses if the site is outside the Portland metropolitan area.